Friday, January 21, 2011

40 Weeks and Counting

Dear Hope,

Today is January 21st 2011, days from your birthday, and I am so excited to see your face. I think it was a few years ago Kristen and I were at church together when God first told me about you. During a worship service I was meditating on Jesus and His goodness and out of nowhere I saw in my mind, this incredibly vivid picture of this little girl on my shoulders worshiping with me. It was so real. I immediately felt this indescribable love for this little baby, it almost brought me to tears. ‘This was my daughter, I just know God is showing me my daughter’ I thought. Now keep in mind, we were not talking about babies or kids when this happened. In-fact, we were not even married and surprisingly, we waited until we were married to even start practicing making babies. J (Which is a family tradition by the way and I expect you to follow suite!) But in that same moment, when I was seeing this beautiful little girl on my shoulders joyfully singing with me, the most amazing thing happened. Kristen leaned over to me and as if she knew what was going on in my brain said… “I want our daughters name to be Hope!” I was shocked. “What did you say?” I asked, and again she said: “I want our daughters name to be Hope!” Completely stunned I answered back to God saying: “Hope it is!” God knew you, knows you, and before time was, He had a plan for you’re life. If I can tell you nothing else Hope, I would tell you this: Follow Jesus. He knows where He is taking you. He truly is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Not only are all things possible with Him but all things are beautiful thru Him. I am praying for you everyday love and will continue to for the rest of my life. We love you Hope and we are very excited to meet you.

With excitement and love,

Mommy & Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment