Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup For The Soul. Servants...

The power we have in giving is still not fully known. Waking up this morning a portion of this revelation was realized. Yesterday morning I woke up extremely drained. I was getting sick and I didn't get any good sleep. The day's work just drained what little energy I did have, and I was very happy to go home. Kristen had to grab my car that day so she ended up picking me up from work that night. As soon as I got in the car this beautiful giver started giving. "Ok babe" she said. "When you get home, get in some comfortable clothes and just relax. I will make you chicken noodle soup with bread." So I was able to just relax and this beautiful person served me. She is the evidence of the amount of grace I have in my life because I don't deserve her. After dinner I basically just relaxed until I fell asleep, and I slept great. The next morning my strength was completely restored. Thinking about this later, I started realizing the true power of giving. Its not just about making someone happy, although that is a great by-product. Giving is about restoration. Not only did she feed me a wonderful meal, but she was instrumental in restoring my health and strength. It was not just soup that I received. I received time, love, peace, joy, strength and restoration. Giving is a powerful part of the restoration of the body of Christ. Let us receive and honor the servants...

Matthew 10:41
Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward.

Jesus being the ultimate example in giving, the level of restoration mirrors the magnitude of his Gift. He gave it all to restore us completely. I wanted to Honor these Christ-Like Creatures that are such a beautiful blessing to our life. They give to restore. Wife, I honor you and your selfless nature. :)

-B


No comments:

Post a Comment